House fire on Admiralty Way displaces mom and kids

A fire at a house north of Lynnwood left a family of five homeless.

The fire was reported Sunday around 1:45 p.m. at a single-story house in the 16000 block of Admiralty Way. The residents — a woman and her four children, ages 1 to 13, safely escaped.

The woman told firefighters she heard a crackling sound in a wall near the fireplace and smelled smoke. The wall felt warm to the touch and she could see smoke coming from the roofline at the base of the chimney.

Crews from Fire District 1 and Lynnwood Fire found flames burning in the attic. They had the it under control in about 30 minutes. No one was hurt.

Firefighters were able to contain the flames to a wall near the fireplace, the attic and the roof, but the damage left the house uninhabitable. The Red Cross is helping the family. They are insured.

An investigator determined the fire started in the wall adjacent to the fireplace where wood made contact with the masonry. Damage is estimated at $210,000.

[mappress mapid=”65″]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real first and last names — as well as city of residence — are required for all commenters.
This is so we can verify your identity before approving your comment.