The goal of the commission is to support the arts to enrich the quality of life in Lynnwood.
- The commission provides visual, performing, cultural and educational arts programs.
- The commission forms partnerships with businesses, schools, community organizations and individuals.
- The commission develops and maintains the public art collection.
- The commission supports the arts with public and private funds.
- The commission promotes the arts and its benefits.
The Lynnwood Arts Commission is made up of seven volunteer members who serve three-year terms. Arts Commissioners play an active role in advocating for the cultural arts including the performing, visual and literary arts. Current members include Craig van den Bosch, Paul Richards, Kay Wood and Adam Segalla. Two positions currently are on hold and the City Council is scheduled to interview a prospective commissioner at Monday’s work session.
Thanks to the work of past and present Arts Commissioners, the City has built a thriving arts program including: A Public Art Collection, the Lynnwood Library Gallery featuring northwest artists, summer Shakespeare in the Park at Lynndale Ampitheater, a variety arts classes at the Recreation Center and many community partnerships.
If you would like more information on the Arts Commission, please contact staff liaison Joel Faber at 425-670-5508 or by email.