Carbon monoxide poisoning at a Lynnwood apartment

Update: Fortunately, no one died in the carbon monoxide poisoning incident.

In addition to the four people who were taken to Swedish Edmonds, 10 more people were taken to Providence in Everett. A 3-year-old boy was the most seriously injured. The other patients ranged in age from 8 to 34-years-old. All were sent for observation only and there were no severe injuries. One patient refused help and another disappeared from the scene without being treated.

The city offers these tips to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.

[mappress mapid=”32″]

Carbon monoxide poisoning sent several people to the hospital on Thanksgiving evening.

Just after 9 p.m. Lynnwood firefighters responded to a call of carbon monoxide poisoning at the Augusta Glen Apartments in the 4800 block of 168th Street SW.

Lynnwood Fire Marshal Leroy McNulty says a tenant, who was having a large family gathering, was using BBQ briquettes in the fireplace and didn’t open the damper. It wasn’t until a young boy lost consciousness that they realized something was wrong and opened the damper, ventilated the apartment and called 911.

Fourteen people were checked out but only four, including the boy, were taken to Swedish Edmonds Hospital. We’re still waiting to find out how they’re doing.

All units in the building were briefly evacuated and police temporarily closed off 168th Street SW between 48th and 52nd because of the large fire response.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real first and last names — as well as city of residence — are required for all commenters.
This is so we can verify your identity before approving your comment.