The city of Lynnwood has started to accept applications for the vacant City Council position. The vacancy was created when Stephanie Wright was appointed to the Snohomish County Council last month.
Applicants must fill out the application, submit a resume and answer series of questions, including:
- Why are you interested in serving as a Lynnwood City Council Member?
- What strengths would you bring to the Council?
- What are the three highest priorities and/or issues you believe the City needs to address? How would you propose to address these issues?
- Describe your current and past community involvement and/or service on City, non-profit or public boards, committees, task forces or commissions, and how your participation has contributed to the Lynnwood community.
- The city is currently facing a $21M deficit. How would you address this deficit? Please give at least 3 specific proposals for reducing the deficit.
- What is your vision for our City and community?
Applications can be found on the city’s website or be picked up at City Hall. They are due Wednesday, Sept. 29 at 5 p.m.
Councilmembers will select the top eight candidates and interview them Wednesday, Oct. 13. The new councilmember will serve until the November 2011 election.