Fire in dishwasher causes $13,000 damage

A fire in a dishwasher caused $13,000 damage to a unit in a four-plex north of Lynnwood Wednesday evening.

A neighbor called 911 when she heard the smoke alarm coming from the unit next door in the 4300 block of 156th St. SW just before 6 p.m.

Firefighters from Fire Station 10, just a few blocks away from the four-plex, arrived to find black smoke coming from a second-floor window. No one was home in the unit where the fire started. Crews quickly extinguished the fire and there were no injuries.

Damage was contained to the dishwasher and a cabinet. The residents have insurance.

[mappress mapid=”58″]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real first and last names — as well as city of residence — are required for all commenters.
This is so we can verify your identity before approving your comment.