Elderly couple survives early morning house fire

Firefighters had a tough time keeping their footing on the icy pavement.

A fire did more than $100,000 damage to a home near 208thand 23rd around 5:15 this morning.

The homeowners, an elderly couple, were already awake when the fire started. They called 911 and reported that their house was filling up with smoke. Both made it out safely.

When firefighters arrived, smoke was coming from the house and an orange glow was visible in a second-floor window. Inside, they found a bedroom in flames.

Firefighters from Fire District 1 and Lynnwood had the fire under control within 20 minutes and kept flames from spreading beyond the bedroom.

Fire damage was contained to the one room but heavy smoke damage throughout the second-floor left the home uninhabitable.

Support 7 and the Red Cross are helping the couple. They have homeowner’s insurance.

The fire was traced back to an electrical problem.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real first and last names — as well as city of residence — are required for all commenters.
This is so we can verify your identity before approving your comment.