Fire Department extinguishes kitchen blaze, treats resident and cat

1008141252a
A kitchen fire at a house in the 21000 block of 54th Ave. W. (Photos courtesy of Lynnwood Fire Department)

The Lynnwood Fire Department extinguished a kitchen fire at about noon, Wednesday, Oct. 8, at a house in the 21000 block of 54th Ave. W. in Lynnwood.

On arrival fire crews found smoke coming from a single story residential structure. Crews initiated fire attack and found the kitchen well involved with fire. Fourteen Lynnwood and Snohomish County Fire District 1 firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire.

While searching the home, fire crews found the family cat “Felix” in the home. Fire crews administered oxygen to the cat, which survived. One adult also suffered minor smoke inhalation and was transported to the hospital.

The cause of the fire was a found to be a grease fire, a result of cooking being left unattended.

The Lynnwood Fire Department would like to remind its residents that unattended cooking is the leading cause of home cooking fires and that grease fire can spread quickly and overwhelm victims.

 

Lynnwood Fire Crews along with Snohomish County Fire District 1 responded to a kitchen fire.
Lynnwood Fire Crews along with Snohomish County Fire District 1 responded to a kitchen fire.
Resident cat Felix was administered oxygen and is doing fine.
Resident cat Felix was administered oxygen and survived the kitchen fire.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *