You would expect to see Stewart Mhyre, Executive Director of Business and Operations for the Edmonds School District, at school board meetings.
But because the Edmonds School District has had business dealings involving the city (Lynnwood Place project/old Lynnwood High School, real estate purchases), Mhyre also attends and speaks on behalf of the district at Lynnwood City Council meetings.
1. What is your job title and what do you do?
Executive Director of Business and Operations. I administer the financial and operational aspects of the district. I oversee the directors of: Technology, Food Service, Capital Projects, Facilities, Transportation, and Business Services.
2. How long have you been working in this occupation?
3. What is the best part of your job?
There is always something different
4. If you could use three words to describe your job, what would they be?
Diverse, Fast Paced
5. What are the qualities needed to be successful in your job?
Very organized. Able to handle multiple projects. To strategically plan for the future of the district.
6. Anything else you want readers to know?
The school district is a $212 million dollar a year corporation with over 2,000 employees, regulated by Federal, State and Local laws. It takes a large team of people to house, feed, and transport, the students of the district as well as maintain our capital facilities and our vast network infrastructure. I am honored to work with so many dedicated people that makes this possible.