People using southbound Interstate 5 south of I-90 should plan for weekend-long lane reductions beginning Friday night, Sept. 9. The work, from 7:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 9 to 5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 12, includes:
- The southbound collector/distributor ramp to I-5 and the West Seattle Bridge off-ramp will be closed.
- People entering the collector/distributor will need to exit at Dearborn Street, I-90, Fourth Avenue South or Airport Way.
- The James Street on-ramp will be open, but people using it will have to use one of the collector/distributor exits.
- The ramps from eastbound and westbound I-90 will remain open all weekend.
People traveling to events in Seattle or south downtown should plan ahead and allow plenty of time to reach their destination. People also can:
- Use alternatives like light rail, buses or bicycles.
- Carpool or rideshare.
- Use alternatives like I-405 or SR 99. The SR 99 tunnel is a toll road.
During the lane reductions, crews will replace the right half of several expansion joints.