The City of Lynnwood Recreation Center will begin offering water safety lessons Saturday, Dec. 12.
Two sessions are scheduled on Saturdays at 11:15 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., and two sessions scheduled on Sundays at 12:30 p.m. and 1:45 p.m. The pool is following current guidelines with the appropriate PPE for staff to safely offer water safety lessons.
Here are the details:
- Water safety lessons are for ages 6-12
- Each lesson has a capacity of 15 registrants per hour
- Each lesson begins with a 15-minute water evaluation
- Children will then be assigned a level for that day
- Followed by a 45-minute swim lesson
- Lessons will be in 5 groups of 3 participants
- Only one guardian/parent per child that is registered in lesson are allowed on the pool deck
These are single lessons rather than a series, and attendees can register for as many as you would like.
- You will need to register in advance either over the phone (425-670-5732) or online at www.playlynnwood.com for a water safety session
- You will need to sign a waiver to participate
- Staff will perform health screenings of all patrons who are registered for a session each time each time they come
- Patrons are asked to wear a face covering when they are in the facility
- Face coverings will not be required for participants when they are in the pool or on the pool deck
- Face coverings will be required for all guardians on the pool deck
- Residents or annual pass holders can register by phone on Tuesdays for the following week’s sessions
- Everyone can register online or by phone on Wednesdays for the following weeks sessions
- No refunds will be provided for cancellations with 24 hours of a lesson
- Patrons are asked to limit the use of locker rooms by coming in your bathing suit and leaving in your bathing suit
- A COVID supervisor will be on site to answer any questions