Fire north of Lynnwood leaves a family homeless

[mappress mapid=”31″]

A fire did more than $250,000 damage to a home north of Lynnwood this afternoon and displaced a family of six.

It was first reported at 12:16 p.m. at a single-story home with a daylight basement in the 14700 block of Manor Way.

“Three of the residents were in the basement when they heard a smoke alarm sounding upstairs. One of them went to investigate and discovered the kitchen in flames,” said Leslie Hynes, spokesperson for Fire District 1. “All three safely exited the house.”

A small dog also escaped, but another dog died in the fire.

Heavy black smoke and flames were coming from the upper level of the home when firefighters arrived.

Firefighters from Fire District 1, Lynnwood and Mukilteo responded and had the fire under control in about 20 minutes. No one was hurt.

An investigator determined the fire was most likely started by a stovetop burner that was inadvertently left turned on.

The fire left the house uninhabitable. The homeowner has insurance.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real first and last names — as well as city of residence — are required for all commenters.
This is so we can verify your identity before approving your comment.