In 1984, former Edmonds School District Superintendent Hal Reasby launched the Living Legend Awards to celebrate the school district’s centennial and recognize teachers and staff for exceptional contributions to the district’s educational environment. In honor of the Foundation for Edmonds School District’s 35-year partnership with the district and ESD’s 135-year history of educational excellence, the Living Legend Awards were reintroduced in 2019.
Community members may nominate a deserving teacher, principal or administrator for this distinguished recognition.
Living Legend Award candidates have:
- Made a fundamental and lasting impact on the educational environment of the Edmonds School District
- Provided exemplary and positive leadership to students or staff
- Developed an innovative educational program or management system
- Been or are currently an educator in the Edmonds School District
Award recipients will be honored at Foundation for Edmonds School District’s annual awards ceremony on Aug. 25 at Community Life Center, 19820 Scriber Lake Road, Lynnwood.
- Nominee’s full name, title (former or current)
- Nominator’s full name and contact information
- 250-400 word letter outlining nominee’s contributions to educational excellence
- Supporting material (optional)