The free festival will focus on countries in the region sharing a similar heritage, including those in Central Asia and Eastern Europe.
“We are trying to raise awareness about the Middle East and celebrate the diversity of Middle Eastern women,” said Reham Elkhayat, who teaches Arabic at Edmonds CC. The Arabic Club of Edmonds CC will be offering Arabic spices, calligraphy,
The event will include:
- Traditional music from House of Tarab
- Fashion show by Boutique Al Firdaws featuring volunteer student and staff models
- Folkloric dancing by Shahrazad Dance Ensemble
- Belly dance workshop and performance by Dahlia Belly Dance
- Henna painting from Zara Beauty Salon and Seattle-Lynnwood Henna Tattoo Designs
- Food and refreshments from Sage and Falafel King of Seattle
- Arts and culture displays
- Gifts and Arabic learning tools from A Crafty Arab
- Civil rights awareness from CAIR-WA
- Middle Eastern gifts from the Rachel Corrie Foundation
- Items from Palestinian Women Woven Goods.
For more information, visit the Facebook page created for the event:https://www.facebook.com/events/1404693799773224/.