Stove top fire spreads, causes significant damage to house

Flames and smoke come from an attic of a house in the 6900 block of 188th Pl. SW. in Lynnwood.

A stove top fire that spread to an attic caused significant damage to a house in the 6900 block of 188th Pl. SW. on Wednesday in Lynnwood.

A resident was cooking in the kitchen when the fire started on the stove top. The occupant attempted to extinguish the fire, according to Lynnwood Fire Marshal/Public Information Officer Larry Hadland.

A neighbor noticed smoke was coming from the attic and informed the resident. The house then was evacuated. No injuries were reported.

Heavy flames and smoke was seen coming from the attic area when Lynnwood Fire personnel arrived, Hadland said. The Red Cross and Support 7 were on hand to provide assistance to the residents.

Fire District 1 personnel also were there to assist Lynnwood Fire. The house is located within Lynnwood city limits. Hadland said the department appreciated the assistance of Fire District 1, who he considers to be a partner.

Officials from the city’s building department have determined the structure is not stable enough to allow entry, Hadland said.

Fire personnel work to put out the fire at a house in the 6900 block of 188th Pl. SW. in Lynnwood.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real first and last names — as well as city of residence — are required for all commenters.
This is so we can verify your identity before approving your comment.